Monday, October 27, 2008

and its finally done!

Here they are, the photos of Melia's room. Finished and ready. It only took 3 months to do, though most of the time I was waiting on her crib to arrive from Bo bebe- just a hint to those of you who plan on buying any furniture from them- it takes FOREVER! our crib was ordered right after I went on Mat leave in the beginning of June and I didn't recieve it until Oct 5th! yup crazy- then I had to air out her room for a week while she slept in the front room because the whole room was ingulfed in varnish fumes!! I am not complainig- well okay I am- but it is a beautiful crib I just wish we knew that it should have been ordered before I knew I was pregnant!
The only thing left to complete her room is a quilt my loverly mom has been making in her (few and far between) spare moments. I will post about that when its done too. also, I am thinking about getting a dresser but not sure yet. The room is kinda small but I would like some drawers so I dont have to hang everything up- and I found a really cute one at Ikea for about $300. We'll see.

When you first walk in
I painted these canvas' instead of painting the dots on the walls- Cam was grateful!
The long awaited crib!!!

4 comments:

Jolanda said...

I love her room! It is so cute, I am so impressed you thought to do the canvases. Did you do the striped one too? You could totally find a dresser at a second hand store and paint it up to look awesome and put really girly glass knobs on it or something for much cheaper than $300!

Leishman's said...

Her room looks super cute. I love the paintings. Good job!!

Barb Stanford said...

Cute room! Very good idea with painting the canvases instead of the wall. You are very talented =)

Anonymous said...

The room looks great! You should totally be an interior decorator or something. I can see this being easily converted for a young girl and then a teenager.