On January 3, Cam, Melia and I were sealed together in the Cardston Alberta Temple. It was such a cold week and with the worst roads. I just want to say a big Thank You to everyone who drove down to be with us and share in our special day. It was moslty just immediate family so if you weren't there Im sorry, we would have loved to have everyone we know and love with us but with conflicting schedules and Christmas this was the only time until mid February and we just wanted to get to that Temple and finally be sealed as a family for all eternity!!
It was a beautiful ceremony and such a wonderful experience!
Also, heres an update on our compact life. When I talked to Cam he wasn't so "gung-ho" about not being able to buy video games and other fun things but he said he was willing to try. We also decided that unlike the family who inspired this new way of life for us we would not buy clothes etc at thrift stores. Cam and I don't buy clothes that often anyways so we figured when we needed an article of clothing we would buy quality but not overspend. (needed meaning it is falling apart and we cant respectably wear it anymore).
So far we are doing good and I have noticed our bank account has been a little bit larger :)
I have also given myself a grocery budget- which I have never done before. I get $100/week which adds up fast!! I went grocery shopping yesterday for a two week meal plan and ended up spending almost $250...I guess I will have to work better at staying in the budget! But I will even it up by the ned of the month- It did help that for the first week we weren't home much so I didn't have to buy groceries and have a little bit 'saved' from then?? Maybe not. I should put the surplus in our savings account I guess. I think it might be time to deal in cash so that I will stick to it better??
Anyways, other than the first monday we got home and had no food for lunches for Cam we haven't spent any un-needful money!
Thanks to all the people who gave us movie gift certificates, restaurant and chapters gift cards and offered free baby sitting so that we might still have a little fun this year!!!
7 comments:
Congrats on your sealing! I am so happy for you. You have such a cute little family! Miss you tons.
What a wonderful way to start out the new year! Congratulations and may many blessings be poured out upon you this year!
congratulations. how wonderful that you are sealed to your little one now. and your spouse obviously :)
Yay for all of you! That is fantastic news! Way to go on your goal to spend less, I'm trying to incorporate the same type of things. I'm making Riley (and me) write down all of the things that we spend money on and keep a list of it on the fridge. Makes it harder to spend money on silly stuff because you feel stupid writing it down for the world to see! Happy New Year to you and your fabulous family!
Yay, Tanis that is so exciting! Sounds like you have an interesting year ahead of you, I can't wait to hear how it goes!
I'm so happy for your little family to be sealed! Wish we could have been there! Good luck on the no spending thing. I'm definitely interested in seeing the results. You have far more will-power than I'll ever have!
That is so great! Congratulations!
Post a Comment