So I had this idea to make a memory matching game for the take home gift for the guests at Melia's birthday party... aka: her cousins. I knew Sherilyn had made one using cork and pictures of family members but since her party was a Tangled theme I wanted to do one with Rapunzel pictures.
I went to Rona looking for some cork, or small wood squares when I came across the peel and stick laminate tiles... LIGHT BULB! I bought 4 for $0.79 each.
So I went to the Disney Tangled website and picked out some pictures and took screen shots of them. They don't have to be super good quality since the squares will be small.
*to take a screen shot on a mac hold shift, command 4*
then I cropped each photo to a 2x2 square since my tile was 12x12 that meant I could get 36 pictures on each tile. Then, I printed it on heavy weight matte epson paper.
*I pressed the scale to fit button so my final squares were actually a bit smaller than 2x2, next time I wouldn't push that*
I trimmed the excess white area and lined up the photos to see how they would fit on the tile.
Then I peeled back the paper and lined up the pictures with the edge of the tiles and pressed it down.
Then, taking a utility knife and ruler I cut down each column and then cut each individual picture out. It took about 4 cuts to get through the tile.
Then I peeled back the paper and lined up the pictures with the edge of the tiles and pressed it down.
It took about 4 hours to make 4 sets of the games, though if I were to do it again I bet it would only take about 1.5 hours from finding pictures, printing, sticking and cutting.
and that would be for another set of 4 games, if I were to do just one set I bet it would be about 20 minutes.

1 comment:
Cute idea, good job Tanis!
Post a Comment