I've been a little scared lately. Melia seems to still be regressing. She used to know all her body parts and when asked could point to, wiggle or grab at pretty much anything I asked of her. Lately, she hasn't done it when I asked. I can't tell if its the Topamax she's on that has the potential to lower her cognitive abilities... like we need that to be any lower than it already is! or if it's a regression. My dad gave her a blessing tonight and it did lessen my fears, but I don't know what to do anymore.... man I love the power of the priesthood!
On another note, I bore my testimony in Relief Society today- I haven't done that in about 2 or 3 years, I really hate speaking in public, but my chest was burning and my heart was pounding and I knew I had to get up and bear it. Also I knew I needed to thank all the wonderful women in my ward who have been taking care of me... I also want to thank all my friends and family members right now for EVERYTHING you have done and do for me, even if its just a prayer every now and then. I love you all!
So I don't want my blog to be depressing... I know there will be many a post about sad things but I want to be happy and I want to share my happy not just my trials.
So for my birthday my fabulous mother organized a makeover for my office... to say it was dingy and well, gross, is an understatement. So on Friday we painted (along with some help from a friend) and on saturday we moved furniture around until we were blue in the face (thanks Sherilyn)- side note as I was typing I actually wrote bloo and sat there for a minute really trying to figure out why it looked wrong...baby brain!- anyways, its not quite done yet but I LOVE it! I will post pics soon, but I am still figuring out where to hang things on my walls and a bit more organizational stuff, but I am so in love with how it turned out. and will definitely be happier about spending time in here!!
well, the little man is calling and so is my pillow.
ps. I love my parents!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tanis,
Your testimony in relief society made my week! Lately I've been over thinking the whole trials concept and feeling this impending doom that it's my turn for a great big trial. Since I came to that conclusion my mind has been spinning with the endless possible ways that my life could become difficult. I'm pretty sure all this worry is a symptom of pregnancy but nevertheless it has occupied my mind more than usual. Your testimony was so positive and optimistic that I felt so much strength and faith from you! Thank you so much for sharing it. I felt less fearful listening to all the ways you have felt supported. You should not be afraid to share it, it was beautiful!
By the way, I can't wait to see your office, I love a good DIY!
Happy Birthday Tanis! I just want you to know that I think of you often. Sharing some scary kid moments makes me think of you. You are amazing.
Post a Comment