Friday, November 26, 2010

When you're troubled and you can't sleep...

So one of the movies I grew up watching at Christmas time is White Christmas with Bing Crosby. I love old musicals. I remember having girls nights with my mom and sister with bowls of oreos and other treats and we would watch Singing in the rain, South Pacific, The king and I, and all those wonderful classics and I still love them to this day!

But I digress! Back to White Christmas... lately I have had many prayers answered. Sometimes not as quickly as I would like them and sometimes they have been answered in the most unexpected ways. But lately, almost everything I have prayed for has been answered for me!

The other night I was laying awake thinking about all the stress that has come into my life and all the stress that will most likely continue on throughout my life now and this song came into my head... "When you are troubled and you can't sleep, count your blessings instead of sheep. And you'll fall asleep, counting your blessings."



I started to realize that even though there are trials and there are hard times, if we focus on the blessings we have received then hard times will always look brighter. And guess what! That night I had the best sleep I have had in ages!!


The other day I actually finished little mans quilt. Mom and Grandma Pilling came over to entertain Melia and help me with any little issues I had, this being my first quilt and all i had a few. But I can happily say I am pleased with how it turned out and now that I have worked out the kinks I could probably do another one in waaaaaayyyy less time!

heres a little bit of the quilt, I didnt want to have half of it covered up by my ever expanding midsection this time!!


I think I will make some matching burp cloths and maybe even a coordinating receiving blanket with the fabric I have left over.

Well, that's all for today!

No comments: