Tuesday, November 23, 2010

soooo tired!


exhausted is more like it! I feel like I could fall asleep anywhere, if only my hips would stop hurting.

See one of the glorious things my mother passed on to me was the gene that adds extra relaxin early on(the hormone that loosens your hips and bones in preparation for labour) to me! When I was pregnant with Melia my hips went out at about 5 months and by 8 months I was crying everyday because they hurt so bad and I couldn't walk. Most days I would limp or crawl around my house to get around but mostly I just sat like a vegetable on my couch, which wasn't much better but at least it didn't hurt as badly.

This time around I can happily say that I am not crying everyday because of the pain, but it sure hurts a lot! This time my hips started going out at 3 months (which scares me if we decide to have another baby) but I think because I was 35 pounds lighter to start and the constant movement that a 2 year old makes you do I have been able to cope with the pain and keep them loose that at least I can still walk- even if sometimes I look like a gimp with a wooden leg. There have only been a few days where I actually have to crawl for a bit before I can work up to walking!


I feel like this guy, only with a 25 pound belly hanging out front!

So why aren't I sleeping right now, while Melia does, you ask? Well, it hurts to sleep and this is the only time I have to move freely about my house without her freaking out when I leave a room or heaven forbid the level without her. This is my laundry, dishes, shower by myself, internet, sewing, cleaning time... believe me if I thought sleep would happen and actually refresh me I would do it, but these other things just seem like a better use of my time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I know my hips went earlier the second time too. Only problem you can't stop when you have a toddler. Congratulations and good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Ron Leishman said...

Welcome back Tanis. Who's the baby photo of?