Okay, so its been a while!
Where to start? well last post I had just found out that we were moving. we are now in our new house in Calgary and despite the weird smells that sometimes show up around our front door and the occasional guest I find crawling around the carpet, its not too bad. Its an old house theres no doubt about that. it creaks, it groans and there is so much about it that I would change if i wasnt renting. oh how I loved being a home owner- which I guess i still am since our house hasnt sold yet. (any body looking for a cute house to buy in Strathmore?? pass on the good word folks, lets sell my house!!)
Back to july..... my sister came to visit with her two twin 3 year olds and her cute as a button 7 month old. Easton, Taylor and Allie. I love those kids!!
first my friend brooke won tickets to 'the best seats in the city' which is watching the stampede parade from lazy-boys!! so fun! i think thats the only watch a parade, next year maybe ill bring my own couch or lazy boy to the parade if i dont win!!!
Jo and I got to go to GOERGE STRAIT!!! i think im in love~~ i had been wanting to go to his concert since before i heard he was coming to town during stampede but it was sold out. on the day of his concert i was driving to the grocery store with cam and melia when i heard on the radio that they had released 400 more tickets. i called my sister to get online to see how much they were.... $160 a piece were the cheapest since they were all on the floor- too bad. but then cam says he wants me to go and he wants to buy a ticket for me to take my sister too. what???? its a late bday present- yup my hubby spoils me!! so i ask jo to go but she says she wont let me spend that kind of money on her,which i normally wouldnt but i really wanted to go to this show and i couldnt go by myself. so i called a couple friends all of whom were not home and then finally called my sister back saying that i was spending the money either way so she could come or someone else was going to benefit from cams generosity. she agreed to come. OH MAN WAS IT GOOD!!! it wasnt an action packed concert like garth brooks or BSB (i know im a teeny bopper at heart- long live the BSB!!!) but it was just so many classics that i love! i didnt know at the time but George has more than 44 number one songs and cant even play them all during a 2 hour concert! im going to figure out how to put video on here cuz i taped one of his songs. too much fun! thanks for going with me Jolanda, and thanks to cam for sending me and thanks to mom who watched jo's kids so we could have a girls night!
Melia had her birthday party on the 25th of july so that Jo, rob and the kiddles could be there before they went back and jay, sher and their kiddles could be there before they left us for BC. it was a scorching 30+ degree day and we went to the lake. Melia was so tired and hot that we didnt get too many smiles out of her but it was a great day anyway! she loved the icing on her cake but didnt dig right into the actual cake.
I had wanted it to be a hawaiian themed party and so i found these cute infant hula skirts online and had them shipped from hawaii for the party. the girls looked so cute in them. i think melia will wear hers for halloween, even if it has to go over a big snowsuit!
well, theres a bunch of photos in the slide show, again! now that we are kind of settled and after the shaw guy gets here and i dont have to steal internet off some neighbor around here i will try to start blogging again on a regular basis. who knows, we'll see!! but in the mean time enjoy the plethora of pictures!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I'm so glad you are getting settled in! The little hula pictures are sooo cute. Happy birthday Melia!
Cute pictures!! We miss you guys!
That was so much fun. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for taking me. Thank Cam for being great with it too.
You did such a great job on Melia's party and cake. It was so much fun.
Hey Tanis! Seems like forever since I have talked to you guys...that is because it has been I guess LOL Where are you living in Calgary now? You will have to post some pics of your new place. Say Hi to Cam and give Melia a squeeze for me.
I just found out that you moved like a week ago! I can't believe that you are gone! Well I miss you, things have been so busy with work and the pregnancy that I was so caught up in my own thing that I didn't even get to say good-bye! Anyway I glad to hear that you are happy in Calgary. Strathmore misses you though!
Post a Comment