Monday, November 10, 2008

Did I shrink...

or is that a giant cupcake I see there??

Cam was blowing icing out of his nose for awhile after this!!

I went over to the so-called HUGE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE that linens'n'things was having (disappointed since most was only 10% off) but I saw this cake pan and just had to splurge!!

I have also been reading this blog and some others and have been inspired to try my hand at all this fancy stuff.
This is my first attempt at making the giant cupcake. It didn't turn out perfect, but I learned a few things so that next time I make it it will turn out a whole lot better. Now at first I thought, how many times and ways will I actually be able to use this thing and I kind of started to think it might have been a waste of money but then I put my little baby brain to work and I think I could do some really creative things, like for instance, at Christmas I am going to try to make it look like a snow covered mountain and find a little skier toy riding down the slopes?? A tad ambitious but I will try!! oh yeah, I've decided I really want to start learning how to decorate cakes and cupcakes etc.. so if anyone knows of cake decorating classes and/or wants to join me in this escapade please let me know!!! days/evenings- whenever I just want to learn. Too bad my sister doesn't live here because she used to be (maybe still is) really good at that stuff!



Two pieces before icing

One giant cupcake!

7 comments:

Jolanda said...

That is so cool, I totally would have bought that too! Since everything is already 40% off at Linen's and things here, I am going try to find it....
Michaels always has cake decorating classes going on, you should get their schedule next time you head over there.

Kacie said...

That is huge! Good purchase! Good luck with your Christmas mountain one! :)

Leishman's said...

It turned out cute. I may have to borrow it sometime!!!
Love the pics of Cam- what a nerd!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow! I am impressed. That really is huge. I am excited to see you share your cake decorating talents with us. Looking forward to the next one.

Barb Stanford said...

Hey Tanis, I took the cake decorating classes at Michaels's and they are really good. It doesn't take long to learn everything either...I am glad I did it as it is so fun to make the kids bday cakes and what not.

Your giant cupcake looks great!

Anonymous said...

That is the best cupcake EVAR!!!!!! I love it Tanis, you did such a good job!

tracey said...

Hey Tannis... found you through Jolanda, through Sara Hunter :D Look at you and your oh so cute family!! I hope you don't mind me lurking :D That huge cupcake is so hilarious!! I love it!! I too was massively disappointed in the LNT "going out of business sale" When I went it was 20% off. Nothing to send me running and spend a lot of money!
So hard to believe little Tanis has a family of her own! How fun!!
- Tracey Cook Bryan