Tuesday, June 24, 2008

mmmmm...sandwiches


So tonight I tried something new..... Cooking! okay so I know I'm nowhere near as talented at the whole chef thing as my dear sister, Jolanda, but I figured with a baby coming in the very near future I should up my game at bit in the kitchen department.
Jo had made these sandwiches for me when I went to visit her last summer in Texas and I have been dreaming of them ever since. Well, tonight I decided to face my kitchen phobia head on and make them... dang, they were soooo good!! I surprised myself and Cam- he thought that no meant meant they would suck! This picture is from the website and here is the link to the recipe for anyone else who wants to try them, I promise they will not disappoint- even a veggie hater like me loves it!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/California-Grilled-Veggie-Sandwich/Detail.aspx

Ps, we grilled the veggies on our new BBQ- okay well its a month old but we love it- I will post pics of that another time!

1 comment:

Leishman's said...

Yummy, we got this recipe from Jo too. We love it, especially Jay.
I think I may be making that this week sometime.
Hope you are feeling good