*DISCLAIMER* if you dont have alot of time dont read this now cuz its gonna be long!!!! I apologize now. :) Photos to come later.
Well, Im back from sunny Texas! Boy is it hot there! But Jo, Rob, Easton, Taylor and I had a blast! I arrived on the 7th and was greeted at the airport by 3 smiling faces- well 2- Easton wasn't quite so sure of me yet, but it was only a matter of time. :)
We did a lot of fun stuff while there. Schlitterbahn was a highlight- its a waterpark in New braunfels that Jo and I went to- Thanks Rob for watching the boys the whole day for us!!
We went to the Alamo and the other misions of the Almo, they are really old and really cool. We went to the zoo- we lasted about an hour there becasue it was soooo hot, and it kind of stunk like poop. not cool. but the boys enjoyed petting the goats...they were licking us and following us around. Easton wanted to grab them, Taylor just wanted to be close but not touching them at all.
We went to the riverwalk and shopping too, its beautiful there. I wish we had something like that here.
The boys are adorable, and it really is true that they take turns being fussy so you never really have two fussy babies at one time. I figure having and taking care of twins isn't that hard. its the grocery shopping and trying to clean and get things done while you have twins that makes it hard. I wouldn't mind having twins of my own- but don't tell Cam it might scare him of even more!! hee hee.
We took the boys swimming in the apartment complex pool- it was the FUNNIEST thing I have ever seen. Taylor loves to splash. He splashes and laughs and splashes and laughs- oh goodness, dont go swimming with them if you dont want to get wet, they are crazy in the pool. then we would try to take them out and they would practically try to dive bomb out of your arms to get back into the pool!
oh another funny thing. I had a mattress in the front room where i slept. the boys would attack it and climb all over it, and fall off and then climb back up and do it again. I prety much was sleeping in drool covered bed!! owell they are cute so i dont care!- i'll see if i can figure out how to get a video of them doing that on here.
One day we went to corpus chrisite and went to the gulf of mexico beach. it was kinda dirty and seaweedy but it was still cool. Taylor was NOT impressed with the water and getting wet!!!
we also went to the Lexington which is a battleship- Oh sorry Rob I mean an AIRCRAFT CARRIER!! Rob would always correct me and jo when we called it a battle ship! it was really cool to see it and go in all the different parts of the ship. the only sucky thing was that you couldnt take the stroller to all the parts so we would take turns watching the kids and going into the different ship parts. i think the boys will really like it when they can run around and see it all. the top of the carrier was the best- umm i think it was called the flight deck?? rob will correct me. its where the planes land and take off up top on the ship.
And we went to abunch of really good places to eat. whataburger- yummy burgers of course! The cove- where you can do your laundry, wash your car and get a really good meal. Floore Country Store in halotes- where Willie nelson got his start and still comes to play at least 2 times a year. i had m first chicken fried steak there! I cant remember all the names of the really good eatry things but Rob sure knows his good food!!
oh one last thing i promise. ask rob about his new snake friend!! rob hates snakes and one took up residence under their porch.!! needless to say we had snake hunt that night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you had lots of fun. Can't wait to see pictures. I loved the river walk too!!
Post a Comment